There are lots of reasons why chompers get stained. Recognizing them will help you keep your chompers white and avert the need for whitening. Please deliberate on the following if you are anxious about having whiter teeth:
– Enamel thins with advanced age or with excessive brushing, leaving the darker dentin layer to show through.
– Certain pigmented foods such as strawberries, blackberries and blueberries can darken the look of your teeth, so make sure you brush your chompers after chomping such foods.
– Tobacco can alter your chompers to shades of brown and yellow, so consider cutting back on tobacco if you are a user.
– There are medicines which have been shown to include the effect of dimming the teeth; let us know if you are taking medications during your next checkup.
– Drinks such as red wine and coffee contain color-modifying compounds which darken chompers, so don’t drink excessive amounts of them.
– If you suffered a dental injury, the dentin layer of your teeth may be compensating by growing more than the usual amount of dentin.
If you are still concerned about having whiter teeth, our staff at Meyer Dentistry in Greenville, South Carolina, can help. Please get in contact with us at 864-213-4442 now to set up a checkup where Dr. James Meyer can assess your oral health and review your teeth whitening options with you.