If you’re interested in having a top-notch smile and oral health as you age, then our dentist, Dr. James Meyer, has the tips you need. Fortunately, you can have the smile and oral health you want if you just take good care of your teeth and gums. All you need to do are the following things:
– Keep up on oral hygiene, which means you need to brush twice a day, floss once a day, and rinse daily. As you do these things, use a soft-bristled toothbrush, fluoride toothpaste, dental floss, and antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash that have all been approved by the American Dental Association.
– Visit our office every six months for a routine dental checkup. This is very important, even if you have dentures.
– Try to have a tooth-healthy diet. This should be a diet that has limited sugar and acid and more fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
– Don’t use tobacco. Using tobacco can increase your risk of oral cancer, heart disease, gum disease, tooth decay, tooth loss, and more.
– If you have to take medicine for certain medical conditions, make sure it doesn’t cause dry mouth. If it does, ask your doctor if there is a different medication that can help you.
For more information and details about oral care for seniors in Greenville, South Carolina, please contact Meyer Dentistry today by dialing 864-213-4442. When you reach out to our dental team, we will be more than happy to help you, even if it’s just by answering your questions. We look forward to hearing from you!