Through the use of orthodontic care, it is possible to limit the effects of a malocclusion. Are you aware of the causes and concerns associated with malocclusions and what you could do to keep your smile safe? To prevent bad bites and mouth lesions from occurring, always assess your oral health to determine if any orthodontic care is needed to adjust the alignment in your smile. Here are some common types to be aware of:
– An overbite is a problem in which your upper incisors jut out past your lower incisors.
– Spacing malocclusions arise when there are partitions between teeth, or your teeth are too overcrowded.
– Rotation malocclusions manifest when you have misalignments with your teeth.
– Crossbites can be found when your upper and lower jawbones do not connect.
– An open bite is a problem in which the top and bottoms of your teeth do not come together properly.
– Transposition malocclusions are present when teeth do not erupt in their proper areas in your mouth
– Underbites are created when the lower incisors do not align with the upper incisors.
– With conditions where a misplaced midline occurs, the center of your upper incisors does not connect with the center of your lower incisors.
For additional assistance with malocclusion detection, the office of Meyer Dentistry is here to enhance your smile. If you would like to set up an orthodontic appointment to come see Dr. James Meyer and our team at our office in Greenville, South Carolina, please call us at 864-213-4442.