High Tech Process makes Porcelain Crowns in One Appointment!
Most porcelain crowns are shipped off and created in a dental laboratory. This process can take up to three weeks. The CEREC™ CAD CAM computer technology shortens the production of the crown to one appointment.
How it Works:
- Computer images create the new crown in virtual reality.
- The exact specifications of the crown, gathered by the Dr. Meyer, are sent to a machine just steps away from the patient.
- Within minutes, a small block of porcelain is transformed into a custom made crown.
- Then the crown is baked in a special oven.
- After the porcelain cools, Dr. Meyer evaluates the fit and bonds the crown permanently on the patient's tooth.
There are many benefits to this "one appointment" crown:
- The patient only has to be sedated and/or numbed one time.
- There are no messy impressions needed.
- No temporary crowns are worn, therefore, there's no need to worry that your crown may come off in the middle of a business meeting or luncheon.
- You leave our office with a beautiful, custom-made crown.